Mar 24, 2007

When Katyushot hit Hadera

Sun Aug 6, 07:44 PM

Friday evening, I have a headache so I go to take a nap before Shabbat dinner. I go into my room, lay in bed and close my eyes, the headache is strong and I can’t fall asleep… after a few minutes, I manage to fall asleep. I still feel the pain and I’m half awake, half asleep. It’s been about 20 minutes since I’ve been lying in my bed.

All of a sudden a loud long siren goes off. I jump of my bed, grab my sandals in my hand and run out of my room. We’re all running downstairs, calling the dogs to come after us, and sit ourselves in the safest place in the house against these type of rockets.

We’re downstairs trying to catch our breaths and calming the dogs down when we hear the first “boom” that also made the house vibrate a little bit… a few seconds later, a second boom accompanied by vibration as well.

We turned on the news on the tv, the newspaper on the computer and the radio too. After something like 4 minutes, they started reporting that 3, or 2, or 1 rocket(s) fell in the Hadera area, no reports of dead or injured, just 2 women trated for shock.
This is the first time that Hizbulla has fired rockets at this city, life here hadn’t been affected by the new conflict, until tonight.

I never felt unsafe, scared, nervous or anything. The only thing that I felt was anger. I was sooo pissed off!
My headache didn’t go away, in fact, it kind of got a bit worse. After 20 minutes of making and receiving phone calls to people to let them know that we’re all ok, we went back upstairs to have dinner and watch a scary movie (The Shining).

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1st comment ever:
Glad it didn’t hit your place. I think you should definately think about installing anti-katushya software on your computer.
Jake Aug 16, 05:21 PM

No comments: